MyMedicoach needs to collect, process and store data about its users as part of the operation of its website and mobile application.
The following explains how the personal data of users of our website and mobile application is processed.
WHO PROCESSES YOUR DATA ?
The company MyMedicoach SPRL (limited liability company) having its registered office at 4 rue des Pères Blancs, 1040 Brussels, Belgium (business registration number BE 0500.695.489, email email@example.com) is the data controller responsible for processing your data.
WHICH DATA IS PROCESSED ?
- Data you provide during registration, i.e. surname, first name, username and email address;
- The data you enter in the application during its use (exercises, exercises performed, remarks for your coach);
- The identity of and data about the coach you selected in the mobile app;
MyMedicoach automatically stores certain data about users’ habits over the course of their use of the website and mobile app. MyMedicoach uses such data internally to produce statistics about its users, their interests and behaviour patterns with the aim of improving its services. This data is collated and analysed in the aggregate.
Data collected may include:
- Pages visited on the MyMedicoach website;
- Length of time spent on these pages;
- URL of the page that routed the user to the MyMedicoach website;
- URL of the page the user visited when leaving the MyMedicoach website;
- Browser used;
- IP address.
MyMedicoach also uses the data it obtains about its users on their current and past activities on its website in order to settle any disputes, resolve any problems and enforce its terms and conditions of use. If necessary, MyMedicoach is able to combine data from more than one user to detect then resolve problems, in particular by using their data to detect users who are active with more than one identity or username.
THE PURPOSE OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED FOR THE FOLLOWING PURPOSES:
- Provide the services offered in the application and website (GDPR Article 6.1.c);
- Improve the services offered by MyMedicoach - we have a legitimate interest in improving our services (GDPR Article 6.1.f);
- Communicate with users if doing so is useful to the operation of the mobile app (GDPR Article 6.1.c);
- Answer questions asked by users (GDPR Article 6.1.c);
- Manage the website and mobile app, including to settle any disputes, resolve problems and enforce the terms and conditions of use of the website and mobile app. If necessary, MyMedicoach is able to combine data from more than one user to detect then resolve problems, in particular by using their data to detect users working with more than one identity or username. We have a legitimate interest in conducting this processing to ensure the website and mobile app operate properly (GDPR Article 6.1.f);
Your attention is drawn to the fact that if you enter medical data into the application when communicating with your coach, this data will necessarily be processed by our servers. You therefore give your consent to the processing of this data in order to communicate with the coach.
TRANSFERRING YOUR DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
As a general rule, MyMedicoach does not sell or transfer personal data provided by its users to any other party.
MyMedicoach may however disclose such data in the following circumstances:
- Users’ personal data is sent to the coach handling them by using the application. It is users who accept or request this coaching by this coach through the app.
- Personal data can be supplied to friends you have chosen in the mobile app;
- Internal service providers: MyMedicoach may make use of data processors who may have access to personal data. MyMedicoach has taken the necessary measures with them, and they will only process your data for MyMedicoach. Some of our data processors process your data outside the European Union. Specific measures have been taken to ensure your data is secure. This data processor complies with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). A copy of our contract with the data processor is available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Legal requests: MyMedicoach may be required to respond to requests from legal authorities and third parties in order to comply with the law, intellectual property rights or other rights. MyMedicoach can disclose any data about users to legal or government representatives if MyMedicoach deems it necessary or appropriate for the purposes of investigating fraud, counterfeiting, hacking or any other unlawful activity, or any activity for which MyMedicoach could be rendered liable. Users hereby permit MyMedicoach to do so.
DATA RETENTION PERIOD
MyMedicoach keeps your personal data while you are a registered user of the application. Your data will be deleted no later than one month after you unsubscribe.
You have the right to see and correct your personal data. You also have the right, under certain circumstances, to oppose the use of your data and to request its deletion and restrictions on processing, together with the right to data portability, in accordance with Articles 15 to 20 of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
To exercise these rights, send an email to email@example.com giving your first name and surname. You may be asked for proof of identity.
We draw your attention to the fact that certain personal data can be excluded from the right to access, correct, oppose or delete your data, in accordance with applicable law.
MyMedicoach keeps certain data in its files that the user might have asked to have deleted, for the purposes of dispute settlement, resolving problems or enforcing its terms and conditions of use.
QUESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS
If you have any questions or complaints concerning our processing of your personal data, we are happy to help. Please use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you think that contacting us will not solve the problem, you have the legal right to submit a complaint to the relevant supervisory authority.
Any amendments made to this policy will apply thirty (30) days after notice of such changes has been given to users.